Re: "external indices" ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Subject Re: "external indices" ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I haven't worked with GiST, although I have been curious from time to
time. Just never had the time to sit, read, and try out the GiST system.

On my text search system (FTSS) I use functions that return sets of data.
It make be easier to implement that than a GiST.

Basically, I create a unique ID index on a table of data. Create my
external index. When a search is done, I return a set of unique IDs and
ranks.