Bug in WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown() [REL9_5_STABLE] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Ivanov
Subject Bug in WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown() [REL9_5_STABLE]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Recently I've encountered a strange crash while calling elog(ERROR, "...")
after the WaitForBackgroundWorkerShutdown() function. It turns out that
_returns_ inside the PG_TRY()..PG_CATCH() block are *highly* undesirable,
since they leave PG_exception_stack pointing to a local struct in a dead
frame, which is an obvious UB. I've attached a patch which fixes this behavior
in the aforementioned function, but there might be more errors like that
elsewhere.

--
Dmitry Ivanov
Russian Postgres Company