Re: fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed
Date
List pgsql-general
"Booth, Robert" <Robert_Booth@intuit.com> writes:
> CREATE FUNCTION MsAccessBool (bool, int4) RETURNS BOOL AS ...

> CREATE OPERATOR = (
>     LEFTARG = BOOL,
>     RIGHTARG = INT4,
>     PROCEDURE = MsAccessBool,
>     COMMUTATOR = '=',
>     NEGATOR = '<>',
>     RESTRICT = EQSEL,
>     JOIN = EQJOINSEL);

> So I did this, and now I'm getting the "fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup
> failed" message.

You are telling the system that there will be an int4 = bool operator
(the commutator) as well as a bool <> int4 operator (the negator).
If you are not going to supply same, don't declare that you will.

The error message could be more helpful, perhaps :-(

            regards, tom lane