Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Date
Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Well my argument has always been the "core" feature argument. Perhaps I
> am missing some info here, but when I read what you wrote, I read that
> Tsearch will now be "harder" to work with. Not easier. :(

Then you misread it.  What I was proposing was essentially that there
won't be any need for pg_dump support because everything's built-in
(at least as far as parsers/dictionaries go).

As for the permissions issues, that's just formalizing something that's
true today with the contrib module: if you change a configuration, it's
*your* problem whether that invalidates any table entries, the system
won't take care of it for you.