Re: Inserting exported bytea value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Inserting exported bytea value
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

why you don't use PQescapeBytea function ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-ESCAPE-BYTEA

Regards
Pavel Stehule

2010/2/11  <seiliki@so-net.net.tw>:
> I am trying to build SQL commands that insert values exported from a bytea column.  Output facilities do not escape
singlequotes for bytea column. As such, the built INSERT SQL can be invalid because single quotes can appear in values.
Forexample, the built (invalid) INSERT SQL command can look like this: