Re: RFC for adding typmods to functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: RFC for adding typmods to functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/12/3 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Pavel Stehule escribió:
>> >
>> > I'm not sure either, but I think it's premature to make a conclusion
>> > about that without having checked at all.
>>
>> ok, I recheck SQL/PSM part again :)
>
> So, did this go anywhere?

I am read a documentation - and I am not sure. It is not part of
SQL/PSM. It is part of Foundation (SQL/Foundation) - see CD
9075-2:200x(E)
11.50 <SQL-invoked routine>.  Important is section 18.d.

one parameter from all parameter list have to be unique (types are not
compatible)

Section 9.18 Data type identity speaking what are identity types, but
I am missing definition what are not compatible types.

so I if I respect 18.d, then I have not a functions foo(varchar(30))
and foo(varchar(40)).

But i am not native speaker and SQL standard is cryptographic for me.
Please, can somebody check it again.

Regards
Pavel Stehule