Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/9/10 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> On Sep 10, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Is that what's being proposed?
>
>> I think that's what currently works, given the limitations of arrays
>> (variadic arguments) to a single data type.

no, in my code is nothing transformed to single data type.

> Well, at the very least the parameter markers should be spelled "%s",
> so that there's some hope of upward compatibility with a more complete
> implementation.

I thing so people who knows sprintf function could be confused. It's
ok for any text types, but for datetime, numeric types and others?
More natural is using complete sprintf's tags, but it is far to
friendly using. So it is reason why I am against to sprintf
implementation in postgres, and I am for implementation some different
function, that just simplify formatting.

format function should be nice with new raise statement syntax.

regards
Pavel Stehule