Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/9/9 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Pavel Stehule escribió:
>
>> we are able to write sprintf(text, variadic "any") returns text, but only in C
>
> Hmm, should we provide that function in core?

We should it, but I prefer some pgfoundry or contrib package. sprintf
is really far to SQL. What more, we knows types, so some format tags
are useless. Using original sprintf function is possible, but needs
lot of code, because you need to transform PostgreSQL types to C
types, and we have not any helping function for this task.

Some similar to plpgsql's RAISE statement is some +/- 20 rows

regards
Pavel Stehule