Re: function that returns a set of records and integer(both of them)‏ - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: function that returns a set of records and integer(both of them)‏
Date
List pgsql-sql
2008/7/11 daniel blanco <daniel_b_adrian@hotmail.com>:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I would like to know if i can create a function that returns a set of record
> with the sql statement: select and a integer, i mean both of them, because i
> remenber that in sql server (transact sql) i can do that in a stored
> procedure doing a select statement and a return of a integer in the same
> procedure,

when I worked with T-SQL this wasn't possible - stored procedure
should return recordset or multirecord set or OUT variables. And it
was solution. When I would returns some similar like you, I had to
return two recordsets.

i'm migrating to postgresql and i have stored procedures like
> this in my sql server database, can i do that with postgresql?

You cannot return integer and recordset from function  now. There is
one       workaround, you can return set of cursors.

Regards
Pavel Stehule