Re: variadic function support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: variadic function support
Date
List pgsql-patches
2008/6/25 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

>> I don't see problem with your syntax. It well block combination OUT
>> and VARIADIC parameter - my one request, variadic parameter have to be
>> array.
>
> Well, we should certainly store the parameter type as an array in
> proargtypes, because that makes this feature transparent to all the
> PLs.  However, it doesn't follow that the CREATE FUNCTION syntax
> has to specify the array type rather than the element type.  I think
> the Java precedent might be good reason to go with using the element
> type in the function declaration.

I am playing with this now and two versions of proargtypes is 30% more
ugly code - mostly pg_dump and paradoxically  remove function -
because currently RemoveFuncStatement lost argmode, so I am missing
info about variadic parameter and I can't simply transformation from
element to array. I thing, it isn't good way.

Regards
Pavel Stehule