Re: [GENERAL] Stored procedure issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Stored procedure issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

On 03/12/2007, Dragan Zubac <moroncic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> What I have noticed is that when I don't use procedure
> at all,there's only 2-5 locks in pg_locks,after I
> start application which uses stored procedure the
> number in pg_locks increase rapidly to steady 75 even
> to 130 at certain moments.
>
> Any clue why procedure usage might increase locks so
> heavily ?
>
> Sincerely

upgrade to 8.2? There is shared lock and there are less problems with
locks. But I am not sure if this solves your problem. General
protection before locks is all things with maximal speed. Are your
queris well optimazed?

Regards
Pavel Stehule