Re: group by range of values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: group by range of values
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello

you can use CASE like

SELECT CASE WHEN birth_year BETWEEN 1940 AND 1949 THEN 1940 WHEN birth_year BETWEEN 1950 AND 1959 THEN 1950 WHEN
birth_yearBETWEEN 1960 AND 1969 THEN 1960 WHEN birth_year BETWEEN 1970 AND 1979  THEN 1979 END, AVG(salary) FROM tester
GROUPBY 1 ORDER BY 1;

Regards
Pavel Stehule