Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hello,
> I would need more info about index types in postgre (btree, hash, gin and
> gist) - is there any guide that explains in detail when to use which index
> type? These index types have different performance with certain collumn
> types and data characteristics store in them. There's not much info about it
> pg docs. So, does any document describing detailed index usage or do you
> have any personal recomendations when to use which index?

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/index.php?/archives/112-GIN-performance-postgresql.org-websearch-part-2.html
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/278-PostgreSQL-full-text-search-testing.html

* others .. btree index (I don't know anybody who use hash index)

Regards
Pavel Stehule