Re: vacuum locking - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rob Nagler
Subject Re: vacuum locking
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mario Weilguni writes:
> of course both approaches have advantages, it simply depends on the usage
> pattern. A case where oracle really rules over postgresql are m<-->n
> connection tables where each record consist of two foreign keys, the
> overwrite approach is a big win here.

That's usually our case.  My company almost always has "groupware"
problems to solve.  Every record has a "realm" (security) foreign key
and typically another key.  The infrastructure puts the security
key on queries to avoid returning the wrong realm's data.

Rob