Re: Row versioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ruediger Herrmann
Subject Re: Row versioning
Date
List pgsql-general
thanks for your replay. This approach sounds very comfy. As I read the
documentation this is kind of a "transaction sequence" or better a
"unique transaction id". Am I right with this? So every row inserted or
updated within the same transaction is tagged with the same xmin.

Is there any information wether this approach is future proof? I heard
the OID is depecated now, maybe XMIN is next, no idea...

TIA
Ruediger

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++