Re: the number of pending entries in GIN index with FASTUPDATE=on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: the number of pending entries in GIN index with FASTUPDATE=on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there the way to know the number of pending entries in GIN index which
>> was created with FASTUPDATE = on? If not, is it worth implementing the
>> function returning that number?

> Seems useful to me.

Seems like the appropriate place to expose this would be in a
GIN-specific variant of contrib/pgstattuple's pgstatindex().  I seem to
recall some previous discussion about how to fix the btree-centricity
of that function's API, but I don't recall if we thought of a good
solution.