BUG #16271: rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #16271: rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16271
Logged by:          Daniel Prince
Email address:      infotodaniel@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
Operating system:   CENT OS - 7

Hi ,

My Production database version is PostgreSQL 9.5.3 on CENT OS 7. I have
received an error:
ERROR:  unsupported XML feature
DETAIL:  This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml
support.
HINT:  You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

Note : I want to enable XML Support to the existing database and also i want
to stay with the same version.

My existing bin and data directory is as follows:
BIN : /pgsql/PostgreSQL/9.5.3/bin/
DATA: /pgdata/data
To resolve this issues i have tried like:
I have installed with new bin directory with a dummy data directory

./configure --prefix=/pgsql/PostgreSQL/953/ --with-openssl --with-libxml
make all
make install
mkdir /pgdata/data953
/pgsql/PostgreSQL/953/bin/initdb -D /pgdata/data953/

Now I will rename old bin directory from "9.5.3" to "953_OLD", then
I will rename bin directory 953 to 9.5.3 and up the database with the
existing data folder "/pgdata/data"

Then i will do the following changes in the File:

File Name : /etc/ld.so.conf

Line need to be add :
/pgsql/Postgresql/9.5.3/lib

After added, need to run the following command:

sudo ldconfig

Finally I will start the database using the Following command :

/pgsql/PostgreSQL/9.5.3/bin/pg_ctl start -D /pgdata/data

Did i went any where wrong please advise?