Re: Python 3.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python 3.1 support
Date
Re: Python 3.1 support
List pgsql-hackers
> Here's the patch to support Python >=3.1 with PL/Python.  The
> compatibility code is mostly in line with the usual 2->3 C porting
> practice and is documented inline.

There was considerable debate earlier about whether we wanted to treat
Python 3 as a separate PL so it could be available in parallel with
plpython 2, because of the user-level coding incompatibilities.  It
looks like this patch simply ignores that problem.  What is going to
happen to plpython functions that depend on 2.x behavior?