Change CLIENT_ENCODING to client_encoding plus a question on "SET NAMES" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject Change CLIENT_ENCODING to client_encoding plus a question on "SET NAMES"
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/multibyte.html

Here is a tiny modification at [1] (change CLIENT_ENCODING to lowercase):
-SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'value';
+SET client_encoding TO 'value';

Besides that, please allow me ask a question.
The PG doc at[1] said "you can use the standard SQL syntax SET NAMES for
this purpose", and it works. But no PG help-doc describes this SQL syntax of
"SET NAMES".
Is it on purpose or missed? I'd be grateful if anyone can share me the rule
on whether or not to add a SQL syntax in PG help-doc.

[1]https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/multibyte.html