Re: Unrecognized node type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unrecognized node type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <mariscal@javahispano.org> writes:
> I've tried to import a dump from pg_dump. Everything goes ok, but at
> certain point, in the following sentence:

> CREATE TABLE ca_persona (

>     lssi boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
>     postal boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
>     tele_marketing boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
> )

> I get the following error message:
> "ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 656".

I couldn't duplicate this:

regression=# CREATE TABLE ca_persona (
regression(# lssi boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
regression(# postal boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean,
regression(# tele_marketing boolean DEFAULT NULL::boolean);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# \d ca_persona           Table "public.ca_persona"    Column     |  Type   |       Modifiers
----------------+---------+-----------------------lssi           | boolean | default NULL::booleanpostal         |
boolean| default NULL::booleantele_marketing | boolean | default NULL::boolean

regression=# insert into ca_persona default values;
INSERT 154658 1
regression=#

I suppose there's some other factor involved in the problem that
you didn't show us.

> My question is simple: what the h... can I do? :-)

As far as finding the bug, you need to provide a complete,
self-contained test case.

As far as loading the schema, how about just removing the DEFAULT
clauses?  "default null" is the default behavior anyway.
        regards, tom lane