Re: 8.0: Absolute path required for INITDB? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.0: Absolute path required for INITDB?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> It might be worth absolut-izing this path in initdb before it's
>> passed down, but I can't get exceedingly excited about it.

> Well, once again let me check the docs to make sure people are warned about
> this ....

Why would it matter?  I don't think I've ever once had occasion to use
the -L switch in initdb, because it figures it out just fine for itself.
People who are using it should be wizardly enough to know about the
chdir.

            regards, tom lane