Re: Procedure Size Limitation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Procedure Size Limitation
Date
List pgsql-general
Terence Gannon <tgannon@stoneboat.com> writes:
> In version 6.5.3 (and ealier?) versions of PostgreSQL, there was a
> limitation on the size of a procedure...something on the order of 1800
> characters.  Has this been eliminatd in 7+?  Is there any limitation to
> the size of a procedure written in plpgsql?

7.0 is better, but not there yet.  We still have the tuple-size
constraint for function definitions, but we did get rid of the index
on prosrc that led to a circa-2500-byte limit on definition length.
Now the limit is ~8K, or ~32K if you want to run with nonstandard
BLCKSZ.

7.1 should fix this problem for real.

            regards, tom lane