Re: [BUGS] Nasty tsvector can make dumps unrestorable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Nasty tsvector can make dumps unrestorable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, I am still unclear if the dump code is correct because I don't
> see the backslash preserved in \\'' cases, just \\\\ cases:

>     test=> INSERT INTO Foo(bar) VALUES (E'\\''x');

You're just confused.  That produces a word whose contents are the
two characters 'x, so either '\'x' or '''x' would be legitimate
output.

However, I'd prefer to see Teodor fix this, because it needs to be
back-patched too, and I'm not entirely sure if there are other
consequences.