Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: [HACKERS] TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags & 0x01)",) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: [HACKERS] TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags & 0x01)",)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> To me a performance problem is much harder get reports on and to locate
> than a real fix to the problem.  I think if a few people eyeball the
> patch, it is OK for application.  Are backpatches significantly
> different?

Well, the logic is the same all the way back, but the code has changed
textually quite a bit since 7.4 and even more since 7.3.  I think the
patch would apply reasonably cleanly to 8.0, but adjusting it for 7.x
will take a bit of work, which would mean those versions would probably
need to be reviewed separately.

One possible compromise is to use this patch in 8.x and a simpler patch
in 7.x --- people who are very concerned about performance ought to be
running 8.x anyway ;-)

            regards, tom lane