Re: Should we work around msvc failing to compile tab-complete.c? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Should we work around msvc failing to compile tab-complete.c?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2024-07-09 17:44:27 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Worst case: the reason no one uses readline under Windows is that it flat
>> out doesn't work.

> It seems to work fine as long as a debug-readline is paired with a debug-psql
> or a release-readline is paired with a release-psql.

OK, cool.  I was concerned about the number of options that have to
match according to our PQfreemem docs.  But I guess in practice
Windows packagers would likely compile libreadline as part of their
PG build, so that the build options would always match.