Re: libpq_r - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject Re: libpq_r
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut writes:> Larry Rosenman writes:> > I beg to differ.  Explicitly, on UnixWare, the <errno.h> header,> >
reproducedbelow, under fair use, show an EXPLICIT difference in what> > happens with _REENTRANT:> Hmm, I was too
optimistic. I guess we'll just have to handcraft a> different solution for each platform.  But clearly on some
platformswe'll> need a libpq_r, so for the reasons I outlined in my initial post, it'd be> good to provide one on all
platforms.

Sorry, but can you elaborate? I can't see any need with the above
reasoning. I managed to find your original post (amazingly hard when
you're in digest mode and the post has an empty subject!) and I think
the responses in this thread have demonstrated that there is no need
for a libpq_r.so, but there is need for a libecpg_r.so

I guess we're going to have get down to the code level to demonstrate
this! If you compile a example library with _REENTRANT and use _r
functions and the function version of errno then it can be used no
problem by a library compiled without _REENTRANT and expecting errno
to be an int...

Unfortunately i'm leaving on holiday tonight until Monday so will not
be able to get the example done...

Regards, Lee.