Re: BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
rikard.pavelic@zg.htnet.hr writes:
> Steps to reproduce problem:
> 1) create composite type
> 2) use composite type as column in a table
> 3) clone database
> 4) change order of attributes in cloned database
> 5) dump to plain sql with column names
> 6) restore sql dump to cloned database

There is no supported method for changing the order of attributes in a
composite type, so I wonder exactly how you did step 4.  If it involved
direct manipulation of the system catalogs, I would say this falls in
the category of "if you break it, you get to keep both pieces".

            regards, tom lane