Re: [SQL] 6.5.3 - backend closes if wrong parameters to NULLIF, CASE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [SQL] 6.5.3 - backend closes if wrong parameters to NULLIF, CASE
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Emils Klotins" <emils@mail.usis.bkc.lv> writes:
> Ie. If I do a thing like UPDATE authors set
> birthdate=NULLIF(date '12-12-1999', date '') ...
> the backend will die and whenever afterwards I try to SELECT
> the address_id field from the updated row, it would die again.

I get "Bad date external representation ''" from either 6.5.3
or current sources.

Are you sure you're running 6.5.3, and not some older version?
I fixed a lot of bugs involving CASE around 6.5 ...

If it's not that, then there must be some other aspect of your
example that's critical but you haven't shown us.  Please file
a formal bug report giving a complete SQL script that reproduces
the bug.
        regards, tom lane