Re: Index creation takes for ever - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index creation takes for ever
Date
Re: Index creation takes for ever
List pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
> This is on unixware 7 (both 7.3.4 and 7.4b)

> I'm on the FR language (I'll re-initdb whith lang=C to see what happens)

Okay.  If you find it's still slow in C locale, the next thing to try
would be forcing use of our own qsort, as we already do for Solaris.
You'd need to tweak this bit in configure.in:

# Solaris has a very slow qsort in certain cases, so we replace it.
case $host_os in solaris*)
AC_LIBOBJ(qsort) ;;
esac

I'm not sure why it's done that way though.  'Twould be better to let
the per-platform template files determine it.