Re: Error creating gin index on jsonb columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error creating gin index on jsonb columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Glenn Zhu <gzhu@medallia.com> writes:
> Is this categorized as a bug specific to GIN indexes or a PostgreSQL bug in
> general?

My gut says it's GIN-specific, but that's really only an educated guess;
we have too little info.

What I would recommend is that you get the data onto a non-production
machine where you can play around a bit more.  One thing you could do
then is run a build with debug symbols, attach to the backend process
with gdb, and set a breakpoint at "errfinish".  Then provoke the error,
and capture a backtrace from the call to errfinish.  That would greatly
narrow things down, though it might not be enough to isolate the bug
immediately.  (If I had a test case in hand, that's exactly the first
step I would take with it, but maybe you can do it for me.)