Re: A new function to wait for the backend exit after termination - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Muhammad Usama
Subject Re: A new function to wait for the backend exit after termination
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            not tested

I have tested the patch against current master branch (commit:6742e14959a3033d946ab3d67f5ce4c99367d332)
Both functions work without a problem and as expected.
Just a tiny comment/suggestion.
specifying a -ve timeout in pg_terminate_backed rightly throws an error,
I am not sure if it would be right or a wrong approach but I guess we can ignore -ve
timeout in pg_terminate_backend function when wait (second argument) is false.

e.g.  pg_terminate_backend(12320, false,-1); -- ignore -1 timout since wait is false

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer