Re: Evaluate expression at planning time for two more cases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Borisov
Subject Re: Evaluate expression at planning time for two more cases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for working on this!
I got slightly into this patch. I can be wrong, but my opinion is that planner/optimizer-related changes are not
withoutdangers generally.  So anyway, they should be justified by performance increase, or the previous behavior should
beconsidered totally wrong. Patching the thing which is just a little sub-optimal seems for me seems not necessary.

So it would be very good to see measurements of a performance gain from this patch. And also I think tests with
partitionedand inherited relations for demonstration of the right work in the cases discussed in the thread should be a
must-dofor this patch.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author