Re: Supporting = operator in gin/gist_trgm_ops - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Georgios Kokolatos
Subject Re: Supporting = operator in gin/gist_trgm_ops
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Hi,

this patch implements a useful and missing feature. Thank you.

It includes documentation, which to a non-native speaker as myself seems appropriate.
It includes comprehensive tests that cover the implemented cases.

In the thread Alexander has pointed out, quote:
"It would be more efficient to generate trigrams for equal operator
using generate_trgm() instead of generate_wildcard_trgm()"

I will echo the sentiment, though from a slightly different and possibly not
as important point of view. The method used to extract trigrams from the query
should match the method used to extract trigrams from the values when they
get added to the index. This is gin_extract_value_trgm() and is indeed using
generate_trgm().

I have no opinion over Alexander's second comment regarding costing.

I change the status to 'Waiting on Author', but please feel free to override
my opinion if you feel I am wrong and reset it to 'Needs review'.

Cheers,
//Georgios

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author