Re: bitmaps and correlation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: bitmaps and correlation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Status update for a commitfest entry

According to cfbot, the patch fails to apply.  Could you please send a rebased version?

I wonder why this patch hangs so long without a review. Maybe it will help to move discussion forward, if you provide
moreexamples of queries that can benefit from this imporovement?

The first patch is simply a refactoring and don't see any possible objections against it.
The second patch also looks fine to me. The logic is understandable and the code is neat.

It wouldn't hurt to add a comment for this computation, though.
+    pages_fetched = pages_fetchedMAX + indexCorrelation*indexCorrelation*(pages_fetchedMIN - pages_fetchedMAX);

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author