Re: [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Here's a prototype patch implementing what Tom outlined.

This bit is flat wrong:

-        int            io_flag;
+        int            io_flag = WL_POSTMASTER_DEATH | WL_LATCH_SET;

io_flag has to be *just* the I/O condition, because we use it in a test
after the WaitLatchOrSocket call.

> Anybody have an opinion about adding ifs for WL_SOCKET_CONNECTED to
> !win32 implementations rather than redefining it to WL_SOCKET_WRITEABLE?

I fear it would complicate matters greatly, because you'd have to figure
out which of the two flags to signal back after detecting socket writable.
I think defining it as equal to WL_SOCKET_WRITEABLE is fine.