Re: Issues with Redhat 4 Postgresql 8.4 and support of libxml - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Issues with Redhat 4 Postgresql 8.4 and support of libxml
Date
List pgsql-general
araza@esri.com writes:
> What are the issues with Redhat 4 in terms of supporting libxml? I build PostgreSQL 8.4 with --with-libxml option but
stillgetting the following error.
> STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO test VALUES (1, '<foo>abc</foo>');
> ERROR:  unsupported XML feature
> LINE 1: INSERT INTO test VALUES (1, '<foo>abc</foo>');
>                                     ^
> DETAIL:  This functionality requires the server to be built with libxml support.
> HINT:  You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

I think you are not actually running the version you built.
It should not be possible to get that error out of a backend that
was built with --with-libxml.  If it couldn't find libxml, or
found a version that was too old, the complaints would look different
than this.

Did you install the new version?  restart the server?
make sure you are connecting to that server and not some other one?

            regards, tom lane