Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV on CREATE FUNCTION with plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV on CREATE FUNCTION with plpgsql
Date
Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV on CREATE FUNCTION with plpgsql
List pgsql-hackers
Wayne Piekarski <wayne@senet.com.au> writes:
> So can someone give me some advice? Do you want me to provide a stack dump
> or something?

A stack trace might help --- I'm not sure why you are seeing this
problem if there are no functions approaching 4k of text.

> Right now I'm reluctant to play with my plpgsql functions because I'm
> scared its going to die and I wont be able to reload them back in.

You can play with them in a playpen installation... I wouldn't do that
sort of testing on a production installation either.  A playpen is
always a good thing to have.  Note you can put multiple playpens on
one machine --- all you need is a separate data directory and socket
number for each one.