Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Berkus
Subject Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii,

> You mean that "remaster" is, after promoting one of standby servers,
> to make
> remaining standby servers reconnect to new master and resolve the
> timeline
> gap without the shared archive? Yep, that's one of my TODO items, but
> I'm not
> sure if I have enough time to implement that for 9.3....

Well, not remastering from stream is the single largest usability obstacle for streaming replication, and severely
limitsthe utility of cascading replication.  Is there any way you could get it done for 9.3?  I'm happy to spend lots
oftime testing it, if necessary.

--Josh Berkus