Setup Pgpool2 with Postgresql Streaming Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From alanhi
Subject Setup Pgpool2 with Postgresql Streaming Replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm following the steps from:

https://access.crunchydata.com/documentation/pgpool/4.0.0/example-cluster.html

I'm at step 7.3.8.1 Set up PostgreSQL standby server:
Ran this command on the primary server: pcp_recovery_node -h 192.168.80.90
-p 9898 -U postgres -n 1
And received this error:
ERROR:  recovery is checking if postmaster is started
DETAIL:  postmaster on hostname:"ltpgsql12" database:"template1"
user:"postgres" failed to start in 90 second

How can I get this command to run successfully?

Also, when I ran this command: psql -p 5433 -c "show pool_nodes"
It shows the following pgpool2 node status, but when I did a listing of
databases on the primary and standby servers, I don't see the databases on
the primary replicated to the standby.  How can I setup the Postgresql
Streaming Replication and check if it's working?

node_id | hostname  | port | status | lb_weight |  role   | select_cnt |
load_balance_node | replication_delay | replication_state |
replication_sync_state | last_status_change

---------+-----------+------+--------+-----------+---------+------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+------------------------+---------------------
 0       | ltpgsql11 | 6432 | up     | 0.500000  | primary | 0          |
true              | 0                 |                   |
| 2020-10-21 11:56:48
 1       | ltpgsql12 | 6432 | down   | 0.500000  | standby | 0          |
false             | 0                 |                   |
| 2020-10-21 11:56:48
(2 rows)

Thanks,
Alan