Re: [GENERAL] When inserting from a SELECT with an ORDER BY, are the inserts (and associated triggers) applied in order? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] When inserting from a SELECT with an ORDER BY, are the inserts (and associated triggers) applied in order?
Date
In response to [GENERAL] When inserting from a SELECT with an ORDER BY, are the inserts (andassociated triggers) applied in order?  (Jim Fulton <jim@jimfulton.info>)
Responses Re: [GENERAL] When inserting from a SELECT with an ORDER BY, are theinserts (and associated triggers) applied in order?  (Jim Fulton <jim@jimfulton.info>)
List pgsql-general
Jim Fulton <jim@jimfulton.info> writes:
> When inserting from a SELECT with an ORDER BY, are the inserts (and
> associated triggers) applied in order?

Yeah, I'd expect so.  I'm not sure we'd promise that that will always
remain true, but I can't think why it would be violated at the moment.

> It looks like inserts aren't applied in order, and I'm wondering if this is
> something I should expect.

Hard to comment on that without seeing your test case.

            regards, tom lane