Re: plpgsql FOUND Variable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpgsql FOUND Variable
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex <alex@meerkatsoft.com> writes:
> SELECT INTO _tmpRec * FROM address WHERE name = _name AND status = ''1''
> AND last_name NOTNULL
> IF FOUND THEN
>   RETURN ''found'';
> ELSE ....

> Above Query does not produce any results.

The above query produces a syntax error, because you're missing a
semicolon after the SELECT INTO.  If you want help with this, you'll
need to offer an exact example rather than an approximation.

I have just looked at the source code and verified that exec_stmt_select
sets FOUND appropriately, so I'm pretty certain that you've made some
trivial pilot error or other.  But without exact details on what you
did, it's unlikely anyone else will guess the mistake.

            regards, tom lane