Re: column size too large, is this a bug? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Rawnsley
Subject Re: column size too large, is this a bug?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Well, I don't know if I would use it in an insert-heavy environment (at
least the way I implemented it), but for select-heavy
stuff I don't know why you would want to use anything else. Hard to
beat the performance of a simple BETWEEN.

On Mar 28, 2004, at 2:25 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Andrew,
>
>> I used to use the connect-by patch, but have since rewritten
>> everything
>> to use a nested set model.
>
> Cool!   You're probably the only person I know other than me using
> nested sets
> in a production environment.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com