pglogger and utf-8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pailloncy Jean-Gérard
Subject pglogger and utf-8
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I discorver yesterday pgllogger and try to use it.

OS: OpenBSD 3.8
DB: postgreSQL 8.1
I have a database with UNICODE encondings.
Sometimes in the log of PostgreSQL I got the error:
> LOG:  statement: PREPARE <unnamed> AS INSERT INTO apache.log
> (clientaddress,rfc1413,username,"localtime",httprequest,statuscode,byt
> essenttoclient,referer,clientsoftware,timespent,canonname) VALUES
> ($1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11)
> LOG:  statement: <BIND>
> ERROR:  invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0x89

I try to add enconding settings in pglogger.c of the client to ASCII,
but I got always the same error.
I ttry two things:
1) PQexec(conn,"SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'SQL_ASCII'");
2) PQsetClientEncoding(conn, "SQL_ASCII");

Any help is welcomed.
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy