Re: BUG #5053: domain constraints still leak - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5053: domain constraints still leak
Date
Re: BUG #5053: domain constraints still leak  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> It seems like regardless of this discussion you oughtn't to be able to
> store a NULL into that table column.  But maybe I'm just confused.

The system is relying on the not-unreasonable assumption that if it
extracts a column of type X from someplace, what it has is a valid value
of type X.  Depending on what we decide about the whole composite-null
mess, maybe we will be forced to abandon that assumption ... but I'm
sure not going to do so until my back is to the wall.

            regards, tom lane