Re: dump/restore problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dump/restore problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrei Ivanov <andrei.ivanov@ines.ro> writes:
> I have a dump created with pg_dump ver 7.4.1 from a postgres 7.4 database,
> with encoding SQL_ASCII.
> I'm trying to import this dump in a 7.4.1 postgres database with encoding
> UNICODE, but I'm getting some errors:

> psql:dump.sql:1277: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size
> 1073741824
> psql:dump.sql:3490: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
> "UNICODE": 0xce20

The "invalid byte sequence" problem occurs because you are trying to
load data that isn't valid UNICODE.  You need to fix the data.

I'm more interested in the "invalid memory alloc request" messages,
myself.  Could you show us the sections of the dump file that trigger
those errors?

            regards, tom lane