Can't build postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505 on Fedora 7 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Can't build postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505 on Fedora 7
Date
Re: Can't build postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505 on Fedora 7  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
So I tried to import 8.2-505 into Red Hat's development tip, and it blew
up on me with errors that look like Java version incompatibilities,
for instance

    [javac] 53. ERROR in /builddir/build/BUILD/postgresql-jdbc-8.2.505/org/postgresql/jdbc3g/Jdbc3gArray.java (at line
17)
    [javac]     public class Jdbc3gArray extends org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Array implements java.sql.Array
    [javac]                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The type Jdbc3gArray must implement the inherited abstract method Array.getArray(long, int, Map)
    [javac] ----------

    [javac] 57. ERROR in /builddir/build/BUILD/postgresql-jdbc-8.2.505/org/postgresql/jdbc3g/Jdbc3gArray.java (at line
24)
    [javac]     public Object getArray(Map < String, Class < ? >> map) throws SQLException
    [javac]                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 5.0
    [javac] ----------

The identical SRPM builds fine on my Fedora Core 6 workstation, although
I notice it says

     [echo] Configured build for the JDBC3 edition driver with SSL

where the failed build has

     [echo] Configured build for the JDBC3g edition driver with SSL

FC6 has java-1.4.2 where 7 has java-1.5.0.

Not being much of a Java guru, I could use some help fixing this.
As a short-term measure, I'd be happy to de-rate the thing to plain
JDBC3, but am not sure where to poke to make that happen.  In the longer
term, what needs to be fixed to make it compatible?  Should I be filing
a bug against gcj, or is this a driver portability problem?

            regards, tom lane