create and drop tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pepe TD Vo
Subject create and drop tablespace
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi experts.

I  created a tablspace successful on master
postgres# create tablespace portal_tbspc owner xxx location '/portaldata/postdata/portal_tbspc';
CREATE TABLESPACE

but didn't see datafile exist in slave.

Tried to drop the tablespace (and recreate it)
#DROP TABLESPACE portal_tbspc;   and it hung for so long.

I tried to recreate the same tablspace name again and it error already exists... (I know that but don't know why it hung for so long when I dropped it)

create another tablespacce and still pause for more than 5 minutes, I cancelled the request and received:
#create tablespace portal_tablespace location '/portaldata/postdata/portal_data';
^CCancel request sent
WARNING: canceling waiting for synchronous replication due to user request
DETAIL: The transaction has already committed locally, but might not have been replicated to the stanby
CREATE TABLESPACE

what cause the problem? Why the 1st creation is fine but can't drop? Second one is pausing for so long?  How can I resolve this issue?

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love, and forgive more.EmojiEmojiEmoji
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success