Re: Syntax for partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Syntax for partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> 2) I would prefer that you apply sizeof on the variable, not on the
> type.  That way, the expression is independent of any type changes of
> the variable, and can be reviewed without having to scroll around for
> the variable definition.

FWIW, I think the general project style has been the other way.
Yes, it means you write the type name three times not once, but
the other side of that coin is that it makes it more obvious what
is happening (and gives you an extra chance to realize that the
type you wrote is wrong ...)