Re: [BUGS] General Bug Report: TEMP TABLES becomes permanent CATALOG TABLES - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] General Bug Report: TEMP TABLES becomes permanent CATALOG TABLES
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I think I may know the cause.  The at_exit removal of the temp tables is
> taking place in a failed transaction.  Let me test that idea tomorrow.

Take a look at the code for cleaning up the listen/notify table
(Async_UnlistenOnExit() in backend/commands/async.c).  It used to
have problems with cleaning up when the last transaction executed
by the backend had failed.  I fixed that by aborting any old transaction
and starting/committing a new one.  I believe that any at_exit,
on_shmem_exit, etc routine that tries to perform database changes will
need to be coded similarly.

            regards, tom lane