Re: view reading information_schema is slow in PostgreSQL 12 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From regrog
Subject Re: view reading information_schema is slow in PostgreSQL 12
Date
List pgsql-performance
I tested both postgres 12.3 and 13 beta 1 and the results are the same.

I could read the pg_ tables instead of the views in the information_schema
but that's the SQL standard schema so I'd prefer to stick to that.

I reported this issue because the performance gap is huge and that could be
useful to bring in some improvements.

The DDL is still evolving so a materialized table/view is not an option at
the moment.

I'll try to remove the <> 'CHECK' clause, I'm quite sure we needed that for
some reason but I didn't follow that change.

Thanks

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-performance-f2050081.html